Friday, January 16, 2015

Winter Skin Routine


During the winter I always struggle with dry skin. It's getting so bad sometimes that I need to use a ton of moisturizers in order to keep it from scaling. 
First of all I bought a humidifier, I can't stress enough of how important is to have one. Especially if you have a small child, that thing is crucial.  
Even though the humidifier does miracles it doesn't solve the problem. For my face I use the amazing Bliss Moisture Lotion that has a very thick consistency, therefore I wouldn't recommend it for summer. It's a little pricey, but it is a 10 in 1 emulation and has a SPF 30, which is always a good thing. After applying the moisturizer I use the Baby Skin primer to minimize the pores. It is a rather cheap primer but I bought it because of everybody's good reviews on it. I have a much expensive primer from Guerlin with 24 K gold flakes in it, and truthfully, I don't see any difference between the two of them. I don't have a problematic skin that's why I don't really use foundation. Most of the time I use the Dr. Brandt CC Glow that has a sheer coverage and gives the skin a beautiful glow. To keep my face from looking dull I use a creme blush and a highlighter with pink undertone to give my complexion a more healthy and dewy look. 
For the body I use this amazing French Macaroon moisturizing bar that smells like strawberries from heaven. Aside from body lotion I also use at least once a week body scrubs. Now I'm using the one from Dirty Work and it's simply amazing. It leaves the skin feeling smooth and silky. 
I have a bunch of other products that I use everyday, but these listed here are the ones I've been using the most lately in my daily routine. 
 What are you winter products?








1 comment: