Wednesday, October 24, 2012

eColege Finder Award

Balmain 2009






Balmain S/S 2013

Balmain S/S 2013

Hi Loves,
I've been nominated for the eCollegeFinder's Top Fashion Blog award! To accept the blog nomination I need to answer three questions:
1. Who is your favorite designer of all time? Of 2012 in particular?
2. What is your greatest advice for those aspiring to work in the fashion industry?
3. What is the worst fashion trend of 2012?

1. I have one designer that I favor since I was a teenager - Balmain. The brand always brings a lot of edgy and sexy pieces.
I love how Balmain's designer Cristophe Decarnin had changed completely the brand, switching it from the elegant gowns to the edgy-chic looks of a party girl. I'm wowed by all the pieces that come down the runway, but I have a thing for their beaded/sequined-shoulder-paded jackets and the low-rise-ultra-skinny-croped jeans. Their designs say - we are rich, daring and we love to party. As sexy and provocative their pieces are at the same time they are always chic and sophisticated.
Since 2011, Olivier Rousteing is the new designer of the brand. A 25 year old who continued Christophe's legacy but added his personal touch. He pays a great attention to details. 
As of 2012, Peter Pilotto is my favorite. Every single piece of his S/S 2013 collection left me without words. 
Peter Pilotto S/S 2013

Peter Pilotto S/S 2013
2. My sister has a BA in Fashion Design so I know that besides the enormous talent it requires a lot of hard work. I would say that if you have a passion, you need to follow it, no matter what the obstacles are. Don't try to be like someone else to fit in, be yourself , believe in your talent, and do what YOU like.

3. It is hard to answer this question, because I'm loving now what I hated before, like the shoulder pads and the high waisted pants. 
I would say that I'm not impressed by the Jil Sander paper bag that is clearly overpriced. Would I pay $290 for it, even if I could afford it? No. The Chanel oversized bags is also not a winner in my eyes. Where can you go with it? I understand it if it's just for the runway show.


9 comments:

  1. Amazing collection! Thank you for sharing, very inspriing xx

    http://rosalindatj.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Balmain's collection is by far the hottest one, lovely blog by the way. We should follow each other!

    www.heelogorgeous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. love balmain! great post!

    lots of love from the c&p girls,
    casper&pearl blog
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im obsessed with Balmain!!! They are amazing :)

    Great blog.....shall we follow each other???? Let me know and I can follow along.....

    http://fashion-a-holic.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing collection. Beautiful pics, dear!
    With love, Ladyfairy

    www.ladyfairy-scloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. like this post.
    love the Balmain!!
    follow each other?

    http://mirah-andi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Balmain is a master!

    http://myfashionbreak.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good answers! Good luck with the eCollegeFinder's Top Fashion Blog award....
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete